Monday, March 12, 2007




I have to apologize for getting this out so late, homework, upon homework and laziness has delayed me. This week we have Professor Richard Harris who will be going through with us "The Dream of The Rood" and ancient English Poem. For those that don't know what the rood is, it is much like our Iconastas in that it divides the altar from the sanctuary, upon it is the cross, which is what rood is, literally. (Hence "Dream of The Cross") This poetry is an early Christian exploration of the nature of Christ. Very interesting, for those of you that thought English poetry was limited to Beowulf and Arthur. Of which I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. Thought I would use this moment as a disclaimer for all English majors cringing at my lack of knowledge.
This should be a rather interesting talk. Professor Harris is a amazing man who could keep one occupied for hours! I hope everyone comes out! It's tomorrow 8:00 pm Tuesday, March 13 at our room(Group Space). Free food and refreshments will be provided. Hope To See everyone There

Peace!


Talk: Dream of the Rood: Early Christian Poetry
Lecturer: Richard Harris
Place: Group Space, Room 41
Time: Tuesday March13, 7:00pm